Daniel W. Saalman, CFP® CRPC®
Certified Financial Planner™
Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor
* * * * * * *
Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc.
Briarcliff Manor, New York 10510
Professional Career & Achievementst
Graduated University of Massachusetts at Amherst (UMASS) in 1988 with a Bachelor’s Degree Hospitality Management and Finance
Spent 10 years in the hospitality industry – focused in Private Club Management
• Club Manager, U.S. Army Community and Family Support Centers, Schweinfurt West Germany (1988-1990)
• General Manager and Assistant GM – Pelham Country Club, Pelham Manor, NY – (1990-1997)
• Club Manager -New York Athletic Club – Travers Island, Pelham Manor, NY – Summer Season 1997
Appointed with American Express Financial Advisors (Symbol: AXP) in October 1997
Attained Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®) designation in May of 2003
Successfully transitioned practice through spin-off from American Express Financial Advisors, Inc. in 2005 to the newly created public company: Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc. (Symbol: AMP) & established franchise agreement with the new company.
Earned the Senior Financial Advisor / An Ameriprise Platinum Financial Services practice designation in 2006
Attained Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor (CRPC®) designation in January of 2009
Boards and Association Involvement
• Food and Beverage Association of America, Inc. – Treasurer
• Hospitality Financial & Technology Professionals, New York City Chapter – Director
• Metropolitan Club Foundation / Metropolitan Club Managers Association – Director, Finance Committee
• The Partridge-Invitation Scholarship Foundation, Inc. – Invited Member
• Mount Pleasant 221 AYSO – Registrar and U10 Boys Head Coach
Current Private Practice Stats.
• Actively Manage & Provide Consulting Services for Hotels and Private Country Club 401(k) Pension and Health Insurance Plans in the Tri- State area.
• Oversee Private Wealth Management, Retirement and Estate Planning private practice
• 155 Total Client Groups / 62 Planning Clients on Annual Retainer
Married 17 years – Wife Jerilyn J. Saalman (Jeri)
Two Children – Daughter Magnolia (Maggie) Age 11 and Son Benjamin (Ben) Age 8