Mr. Stephen Tucker. President and CEO of Tucker Co., Co. The Company was founded in 1955 by Marvin Tucker. In 1974, Stephen joined the family business, loading trucks for a year before eventually moving into sales. He focused on health care accounts, learning all aspects of M. Tucker’s business. Over time his ambition, shrewdness, and astute business sense impresses not only his father, but his partners as well.
In 1986, Marvin Tucker retires and turns over control of day-to-day business to the second generation; Stephen assumes the position of President and CEO. The company focuses on the distribution of foodservice equipment, supplies, and disposables. More importantly, the M. Tucker Company is committed to a standard of excellence that will continue to ensure their business partners’ success as well as their own.
Led by Stephen’s vision, the M. Tucker company’s spirit of integrity and reliability meets this challenge with the support of their most important resource, their team of dedicated, uncompromising professionals. Over the years, Mr. Tucker has been the recipient of numerous awards, among them:
- The United Jewish Appeal “Award of Honor” in 1987
- The American Jewish Committee “Human Relations Award” in 1990.
- Foodservice Equipment and Supplies Specialist “Dealer of the Year” in 1992.
- The State of Israel Bonds, North Jersey “Man of the Year”
- Foodservice Equipment & Supplies Magazine “Top Achiever” of 2002
- American Jewish Committee “Centennial Leadership Award” of 2006
Mr. Tucker gives graciously of his time to various civic, charitable and industry associations and organizations.
He has been:
- Chairman of the United Jewish Appeal Foodservice Division, 1989-1990.
- President of the New York Paper Merchants, 1993-1995
- Chairman of the Board of the New York Paper Merchants, 1996-1998.
Stephen’s lovely wife, Ellen Glantz-Tucker, is the owner and president of Innovative Telecom Solutions. Their daughter Morgan is a graduate of Cornell University, and is now the first third generation ‘Tucker’ to join the firm. Their son Landon is a student at Columbia University and the family resides in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey.